If you have finally come to the conclusion that it is high time you stopped lighting up then, congratulations are in order! But it isn`t so easy to quit smoking and if this is not the first time you`ve tried to quit, then chances are you`re already starting to doubt your decision.
However, if you do decide to quit smoking then surele you`ll need all the little extra help you can get to get the job done, so this tips are the best advised we`ve gathered to help you put the cigarettes away for good!
- Get Motivated! Find a reason strong enough to keep you on track even when the stress level skyrockets! Do it for your children, or for your skin or for your parents or for whatever is important to you and you want to preserve by not smoking!
- Cold turkey does not work! Seek therapy because 95% of those trying to quit without getting help are going to relapse. Nicotine is highly addictive and if you do not want to go through withdrawal symptoms then you need the patch.
- Don`t be afraid to try pills! If your having difficulties managing your withdrawal symptoms then over the counter medicine might make the transition easier for you.
- Tell everyone! All you family, all your friends and coworkers, everyone needs to know that you`re trying to quit smoking. The thought of disappointing them all might prove to be the motivation you needed to go that extra mile.
- Take up relaxation as a hobby! Find new ways to deal with stress: mediation, message, sports. If you know you`re going to get stressed out at work, then you can even take a few weeks off so as to avoid relapsing during the first difficult weeks.
- Don`t go searching for smoking situations! Avoid going to bars or drinking coffee or beer if you know that these actions will make you want to smoke. If you liked smoking after a meal, then find something else to do: clear the table, wash the dishes, go for a walk etc.
- Get rid of cigarettes! Clean your house thoroughly and throw away any stash of cigarettes you might have. Use air fresheners to get rid of the smell of smoking from your house.
- Don`t give up because a moment of weakness! Just because it got too hard and you had a smoke, it doesn`t mean that all your effort were for nothing. Keep trying to quit smoking even if you had a bad day and smoked a cigarette.
- Eat healthy! By providing your body with good nutrients, you`ll be in a much better shape and mindset to keep going with your efforts to quit smoking.
- Set a reward. An expensive piece of clothing, a nice vacation are all good motivators to help you reward yourself for the effort that you are making and why shouldn`t you do it, after all, you will have all that extra money laying around after you stop smoking!
Image Source: nocamels