A man from Pocatello, Idaho was critically injured after the electronic cigarette that he was using for over a year exploded in his face. The man has second-degree burns on his neck and face, and the blast knocked out seven of his teeth. At this point, we don’t know for certain if the man wants to sue the company which produced the faulty electronic cigarette.
Andrew Hall is a resident of Pocatello, and, up until recently, the owner of an e-cigarette. Hall was in his bathroom, preparing to go to work. The man would constantly bring his electronic cigarette with him to the bathroom.
According to Hall’s statements, while in the bathroom, he started vaping from his e-cigarette. Without any warning, the device blew up in his mouth. The force of the explosion was so powerful that it destroyed Hall’s bathroom sink and scorched the room’s floor and ceiling.
Hall was immediately rushed to the local hospital, where he received medical care for the injuries he sustained. According to Hall’s doctors, the patients had second-degree burns on his face and neck. Because the device exploded just when the man was vaping, the blast knocked out seven of his teeth.
Hall also underwent surgery, during which the doctors extracted pieces of plastic shrapnel from the man’s throat and his lips. The man from Pocatello is currently recovering at the hospital, but his doctors said that the road to complete recovery would be hard.
Andrew Hall, the whose electronic cigarette blew up in his face on the 14th of January, declared that he owned the device for more than a year and that he didn’t experience any issues. The man is grateful that he is alive, and, at this point, it’s still too early to say if he will file a lawsuit against the company which produced the faulty electronic cigarette or not.
Hall recorded all the moments of his traumatizing experience on his Facebook account, in order to warn people about the dangers of using an electronic cigarette. The man’s posts have been seen by many people and were shared approximately 500,000 times.
Day Nguyen, a plastic surgeon from the US, said that electronic cigarette-related injuries have become more frequent and that the results of such of an event are very similar to having been shot in the face.
Image source: PublicDomainPictures